Tawa Dam near Itarsi
Tawa dam side is totally full of greenery, full of water, full of places for adventurous trekking and peaceful everywhere. Tawa Dam is a large Dam on the Tawa River in central India. It is located in near Itarsi, Hoshangabad District of Madhya Pradesh. The construction of the Tawa Dam, which began in 1958 and was completed in 1978.
Location : Tawa Dam (30 km from Itarsi Railway Junction and 120 km from Bhopal airport)
Best time to travel : October to March in winter and peak rainy season.
- Rail : by train to Itarasi (In Delhi-Mumbai / Delhi – Chennai route )
- Road : From Bhopal – 120 km
- From Itarsi – 30 km
- From Hosangabad – 60 Km
- Air : Reach Bhopal by Delhi / Mumbai then from Bhopal to Tawa dam side by bus / car/ jeep in 3 hours.
- Shiva Temple – In nearness of dam location a beautiful Shiva Temple.
- Guest House – In the guest house we have very nice view of the valley and nice place to sit and spend time with family and friends.
- Sunset views from dam location – In nearness of dam a location of Sunset Views.
After reaching Tawa Dam here you can take a rest in the guest house and after you can start your side seeing. First of all make program that you should be at dam side on the evening or morning. It is around 10 km from the guest house and reached there well before sunset and started viewing the ultimate colors created during sunset on the water.
Tawa Reservoir :
Tawa Reservoir is located at Hoshangabad District in Madhya Pradesh. This large reservoir is located on The Tawa River. This reservoir was created only after the building of the Tawa Dam, which began in the year 1958 and the construction work was completed in the year 1978. At the time of the construction of the Tawa reservoir, almost forty-four villages were submerged.
Tawa Reservoir is nestled between the western boundary of the Satpura National Park and Bori Wildlife Sanctuary. Water Resources Department of Madhya Pradesh bears the responsibility to maintain the Tawa Reservoir. The reservoir is almost 57.91 meters high and 1,815 meters long.
Area: 225 km²
Catchment area: 5,983 km²